Here’s a hard-hitting question for you, are nachos a meal or a snack?
Well, regardless of whether you’re team meal or team snack, these loaded nachos are sure to hit that cheesy, crunchy craving. These loaded nachos are vegan, dairy-free, and meatless, but do not compromise on flavour.
Easy nacho clean-up tip: bake your tortilla chips on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and then transfer the foil or parchment paper directly onto a plate when serving to save on clean-up time! Even better, use the baking sheet directly! Just be careful not to burn yourself.
Here’s the recipe:
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ¼ cup Beyond Meat ground
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dairy-free cheese sauce (recipe on my feed)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- Green onion & cilantro to garnish
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions for 1-2 minutes. Then add the Beyond Meat and mushrooms. Use a spatula to break the Beyond Meat into smaller pieces and continue to cook until the mushrooms shrink in size.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika and nutritional yeast into the pan and mix well. If the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of water. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese onto the mixture and place a lid on top of the pan. Remove from the heat and set aside until the chips are ready.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread the tortilla chips in an even layer and sprinkle the dairy-free cheese evenly over the chips, leaving ~2 tbsp of cheese for later. Broil the chips in the oven until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- When the tortilla chips are toasted, add layers of the meatless ground mixture and the cheese sauce onto the chips. Then top with your favourite toppings – I like diced tomatoes, avocado, green onion and cilantro!