I’m not one for long drawn-out introductions, so let me just say. This pasta dish is perfect for anyone who wants a change from their typical tomato sauce & pasta and who loves garlic. The navy beans add a surprising creaminess to the dish and the sun dried tomatoes pair so well with the basil.
This is a dish that is perfect for family dinner, date night, or even meal prep. I hope you enjoy!
Here’s the recipe:
- ~200 g brown rice spaghetti or any other spaghetti of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped plus more for garnishing
- 5 – 6 cups baby spinach
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water until halfway cooked – the pasta should still be firm. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
- In a large pan, add the olive oil, navy beans, and nutritional yeast. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the beans start to brown.
- Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, vegan butter and pasta. Continue to cook until the garlic is fragrant. Add splashes of almond milk periodically to prevent any burning or pasta from sticking to the pan.
- When the pasta is almost done cooking, add the fresh basil, spinach, and red pepper flakes. Place a lid on top of the pan to wilt the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with extra basil and serve hot.