Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Whether you’re spending it with a loved one or alone, I promise you will want to make these vegan chocolate lava cakes.
These vegan chocolate lava cakes are easy to make but also delicious and fluffy. They are vegan, dairy free, egg free, and so good!
This recipe is adapted from the Veg Recipes of India blog.
Here’s the recipe:
Yields: 3 individual lava cakes
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour plus more for dusting ramekins
- 3 tbsp cocoa power
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 9 squares of dark chocolate (No Name 40% dark chocolate recommended – can be found at No Frills)
- Vegan butter – to grease ramekins
- Preheat oven to 400oF and grease the ramekins/muffin tin with the vegan butter then dust with flour.
- Mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix the almond milk & vinegar mixture with the sugar, oil, and vanilla. Then add it to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 3 ramekins, then add 3 squares of chocolate into the center of each ramekin, pushing them into the batter until they are submerged.
- Bake at 400oF for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 – 3 minutes. Then, use a butter knife to gently scrape the edges of the ramekin to ensure the cake releases from the dish. Place a plate over the top of the ramekin and flip upside down, tapping on the bottom of the ramekin to ensure the lava cake releases from the dish. Be careful, as the ramekins will still be hot.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, ice cream, or a dusting of icing sugar.