Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast? This recipe is one I crafted during my undergraduate degree. I would purchase a bunch of bananas each week and by the end of the week they would all be spotted and perfect for smoothies, banana bread, and…these cookies!
These cookies are basically a mess free way of eating oatmeal on the go and are perfect for using up those spotty bananas you have in your kitchen. Not to mention they’re vegan and gluten free. Not a fan of bananas? Try apple sauce!
Here’s the recipe:
Yields: 9 large cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- In a blender, blend ½ cup oats and bananas until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the blended contents into a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Measure out ¼ cup portions of the dough and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly and repeat with the remaining cookie dough. Space the cookies ~3 cm apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before consuming.