Granola is one of my favourite snacks. It’s the perfect crunchy addition to a smoothie bowl or yogurt parfait, and depending on what ingredients you use, can add lots of nutrients! Today’s 4-ingredient granola is the perfect base for an unlimited number of granola combinations.
My biggest tip for getting the perfect crunchy granola when baking is to spread the granola out in as thin of a layer as possible on the baking sheet. If that means you need to use 2 baking sheets, then use 2! I also highly recommend using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to ensure nothing sticks.
My other equally important tip is to ensure that the granola has fully cooled before transferring it to a container. If the granola is still hot or even warm when packaged, the moisture from the steam coming off of the granola will get absorbed by the oats and your granola will not be crunchy.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 cups oats
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- chopped mixed nuts and seeds
- dried fruit
- ground flax seeds
- chia seeds
- sesame seeds
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the base ingredients and add any mix-ins you choose.
- Spread the granola into a thin, even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or 2 if needed) and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Halfway through the baking process, remove from oven and use a spatula to gently stir the granola to ensure even browning.
- Once golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating, or allow to cool completely before transferring to an air-tight container.