This week’s recipe is brought to you in part by the Dash mini waffle maker. I’ve seen numerous people on Youtube with this little gadget and have been eyeing it for what seems like forever! It’s only $19.99, but I really have a hard time paying full price for anything, even if it is pretty affordable already. Yesterday I happened to be browsing the Bed Bath and Beyond website when I saw that this exact waffle maker was $5 off! And the cherry on top? Bed Bath and Beyond offers 20% off for anyone who signs up for their newsletter!
Wow, this sounds like I’m endorsed by both companies, but I promise I’m not. I just love a good deal and kitchen appliances. In fact, I don’t know what I love more!
With autumn in full swing and this new gadget on my countertop, what better recipe to test out than a pumpkin spice waffle one? This recipe is great because it’s for a single serving. It’s quick and easy to whip up, and tastes just as good as it looks!
Wanting to make this for more than one person? Just multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you want to make!
Here’s the recipe:
Serves: 1 (makes 3 mini waffles or 1-2 large)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp date sugar (white sugar works too)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground ginger
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients and date sugar and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and then scoop out 1/3 of the mixture and close the lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat step 4 until all of the batter is used.
- Top with your favourite fruit, maple syrup and some vegan butter!