As we near the end of summer, I’m making it my goal to take advantage of all the summer fruits that are currently in abundance and in-season. Two of those fruits include blueberries and peaches. Now, I don’t know about you but when my blueberries start to get squishy, I get scared and start to think they’re molding from the inside out (lol might be irrational). Usually I’ll just throw those in the freezer but this week I decided to make this simple 20-minute blueberry and peach crumble!
Not only does this recipe only take 20 minutes from start to finish, but you also only need 7 ingredients! It’s super tasty and really enhances the natural sweetness of the fruit.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan Becel
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- In a bowl, toss the peaches and blueberries together then evenly divide the filling into 3 ramekins.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and use a fork to incorporate the vegan Becel into the dry ingredients until a crumb texture forms.
- Evenly divide the crumble topping between the 3 ramekins then bake for 15 minutes until the peaches and blueberries are tender and juicy.
- If the crumble topping is not golden brown yet, broil for an addition minute, then remove from the oven and serve immediately.
This crumble is a great dessert to make when you have guests because everyone gets their own personal dessert, and it takes so little time to make! You can prep the crumble before hand and then pop it in the oven when you’re having dinner. I hope you enjoy!