Sweet potatoes are amazing for multiple reasons, it’s low on the glycemic index and makes the best fries! They pair perfectly with burgers, but are also a great snack on their own.
I’ve been making sweet potato fries for so many years now that I think I could do it in my sleep. Albeit they don’t look like this every time, they always taste great!
This recipe is also great because it utilizes the oven rather than a deep fryer, thus reducing the amount of added fat.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ½ tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400oF.
- Cut your sweet potato in half width-wise, then into ¼“ thick sticks. (You can cut them into the thickness you prefer, keeping in mind that the thicker they are, the more time they will take to cook).
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato in the oil and spices.
- On a lined baking sheet (preferably parchment or a silicone baking sheet), spread the fries out in 1 even layer, ensuring that none of the fries are touching or overlapping – this will prevent them from becoming soggy!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Serve with ketchup or aioli!