Unlike a lot of other vitamins and minerals, vitamin D is one that a lot of people aren’t as cognizant about when making food choices. Luckily, foods like almond milk are fortified with vitamin D so you can incorporate some vitamin D into your everyday routine! These overnight oats are simple to make and great for anyone who’s in a rush in the morning but still wants to have a yummy and nutritious breakfast.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ¾ scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- shredded coconut
- In a mason jar, combine the almond milk, oats, flax and chia seeds, maple syrup and protein powder. Twist the lid securely onto the jar and shake to combine.
- Place in fridge overnight or at least 2 hours.
- In the morning, give the jar another shake, and then top with bananas, peanut butter, and coconut. Alternatively, you can add everything into the jar the night before if you want to just grab the oats on your way out the door.
Not a fan of the peanut butter, chocolate & banana combo? No problem! Switch out the protein for vanilla, and top with your favourite berries instead!